IT Service Delivery
At BlueWater, information technology is a customer-recognized core competency. We serve DHS and its component agencies, DoD (U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Defense Health Agency, and DISA), and other Civilian agencies with an array of leading edge solutions for systems integration and systems and network engineering across mission critical IT infrastructure. We deliver on all layers of the modern enterprise, from strategy consulting to managed-infrastructure services.
We are successfully performing in the following areas:
- Operations and Maintenance (Help Desk, Systems, Networks, Telephony)
- Network Architecture/Design and Consolidation/Migration
- Website Management, Content Management and Data Integration
- Database Management
Representative clients and performance includes:
- USAF Integrated Communications – We provide full communications support including helpdesk, desktop, network, telephony, wireless, public address, land mobile radio, information assurance, and teleconferencing for 5600 users distributed across 80 buildings at three different sites. Our team recently executed a redesign of the backbone to facilitate the integration and transition to a VoIP data network using Nortel/Avaya P8600s for the backbone and ERS 4500s/5500s as the building point of entry nodes.
- Defense Health Agency Web Services – BlueWater manages a portfolio of websites, sub-sites and applications that support public and private users including new implementation, migration, and support projects. The portfolio encompass the operations, maintenance, and security requirements for more than 10 projects, 69 servers, 150 websites, and 37 databases across development, staging, and production environments.
- FEMA Internet – We began this project with 26 FTEs and no SLAs. After three years, it was matured into a performance based contract with 15 SLAs and financial disincentives. We rebuilt the server infrastructure, expanded service to include 68 enterprise applications serving up 50,000 pages of mobile-compliant content, and added a hot COOP capability with mirrored data and reduced labor costs by 23%.